Sunday, April 1, 2012

Our new apartment

We have finally moved and settled into our new apartment. I am really happy about that fact. We decided to move a few months ago because our contract was ending and Brent had officially had one too many cold showers!! It was a hard decision because we really like out cheap ghetto apartment that we were living in. We could totally afford more, but we chose to live in a simple and cheap apartment. I know that as soon as we go up in size and quality it would be hard to go back, so we stayed nice and cheap for as long as we could. Unfortunately the time to move came, and it was not pleasant to find a new place to live. I never knew how many scams there were on Craigslist for apartments. I would get myself so excited for a great place I found, but would only end up being disappointing. It was starting to become more that I wanted to deal with. If it wasn't a scam, we were one phone call too late....it had just been rented!!

I finally found an apartment that looked like it had all of our qualifications...2 bedroom, garage, and an upgrade from our current apartment. We were not asking for a lot, but it was sure hard to come by. Anyhow I found a place that I liked with an extended 2-car garage and we were the first people to look at it and we gave them the papers that day. We knew that we would be able to get it so we were finally able to move forward with out move.

I thought that looking for an apartment was bad, but apparently moving was just as bad. Brent does not like to move, so he was less than motivated to move, but he was a trooper and moved anyways. Thankfully our awesome bro in law Kasey helped Brent move all of the big furniture, and the Jacobson's helped us clean after everything was out of our old apartment. What a great blessing!!! I am so grateful that we had great family to help us move and clean!

We are super pleased with our new apartment. It has a 2 car garage so Brent will be able to start working on his car that he is restoring. That was a big factor for us deciding to move and I am so grateful we made that decision. It has been fun to have the garage because we have so many projects that we are always working on and it is nice to have the space.

Yesterday when we were driving home from Home Depot with a table saw that we just bought Brent and I were talking about how we are a little different than a lot of people we know because we are always busy working on lots of cool projects. I have learned that it is about the process of making something that is pretty incredible, and not just the outcome (maybe that's because I usually screw up the outcome, but have a good time doing it :) It's all about Finding Joy in the Journey!

I was reminded of Brent's comment this morning while I was outside on our deck grinding wheat for a batch of homemade wheat bread I was making. That sucker of a wheat grinder is loud!! Our poor neighbors are not going to love us between my loud wheat grinder from this morning, or the table saw yesterday. Oh well, what can you do right? We don't have kids that cry all night long for the neighbors to hear yet, instead we have lots of noisy power tools!!

I wish that I had some cool pictures to post, but unfortunately I don't. I have had a few different things that I wanted to write about in the past, but didn't because I didn't have pictures. In the end I decided to write this for me, and it is okay that I don't have pictures for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment