Saturday, July 6, 2013

Our First Home

Our First Home

The end of 2012 Brent and I decided that it was time to start looking for a home to buy because we will be in Bosie for at least 4 years while Brent is going to Boise State.  I have loved every area in Boise that I have lived in.  Brent wanted to live in the North End, but we definitely could not afford a house there and the tiny roads just scared the crap out of me.  We were currently living on the Boise Bench, which is an area of Boise that has a lot of older and smaller homes.  I had heard people talk about the Bench before we moved their over a year ago, had no idea about that area.  After living there in our last apartment, I fell in love.  To me, it was the best of everything.  1. It is in Boise. 2. There are trees 3. There are no neighborhoods; just nice wide roads lined with trees 4. It is pretty close to BSU.  Amazing!!

Brent and I wanted to stay in Boise proper so we were limited on the homes that we wanted to purchase.  We also wanted a home with character and old houses are full of unique character.  We found a cute little stucco house in our price range and in the location that we were looking at.  Score!! We had looked at a few houses, but nothing had really left a mark for either one of us.  When I was searching online and found this cute little house, we scheduled a time to go see it.  After we saw it, Brent told me that it was such a “cute house”. I considered that a sign, Brent actually said that the house was cute!!  But there was a downfall; it was a shortsale.  We recognized that shortsales are no optimal and they have potential to take FOREVER to go through, but in our price range and in our location, we did not have a lot of options.  We were in love, so we moved forward.  We placed an offer in January and we started the process with the bank.  I don’t even want to right about all the headache and crap and more crap that we went through to get this house, but we finally got it!!  We became homeowners on May 6, 2013.  (On a side note Brent is such a trooper. Trying to buy a house while in your first semester back in school was no easy feat.  I am thankful that we wont be doing that again any time soon!)

Here is a little history about our new home.  It was built in 1930 and has a lot of the original features, such as nice hardwood floors, glass door knobs, and a pretty legit wood burning fireplace, just to name a few.  Thankfully people were living in the home, so when we purchased it, it was ready to move in.  I have been waiting to finish our projects before I wrote these post, but who am I kidding….we will never be done.  If we wanted a house with no projects, we would have bought a new house, but that is not what we wanted at all!

Here are a couple of pictures:
There really is grass in the front yard, just not visible from this picture lol
 
Unlocking the door

 

Our CafĂ© Rio picnic.  Our first meal in our new home

Yeah for mug shots!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment