Sunday, October 7, 2012

My personal roadtrip

In the beginning of June I had the opportunity to go to Utah to go with Dynae to the temple.  What a amazing weekend!! Unfortunately Brent was not able to come with me because I went down Thursday night.  I was sad he couldn't come, but jumped on the opportunity to do whatever I wanted for the whole weekend woot woot! I got to catch up with some friends that are still in Utah and it was nice to not have to worry about how incredibly bored Brent was while I was reminiscing with my friends.

I took Lizzie and Abby down with me and dropped them off at their Aunt Carrie's house and it was nice to have company in the car.  I always get a rental car if we are going on any trip over 4 hours because it saves on gas to get an economical car and it save on the wear and tear (and because my car is sick, that was my only option.) I got a brand new Hyundai accent that only had 8 miles on it when I got it. I don't know if I will ever drive that new of a car again so it was fun for the weekend.

I stayed with Michelle and Derrick while I was down there and we went to Lagoon.  I have never been to Lagoon before and Brent hates roller coasters and all sorts of rides so I had a blast without him!  So scary too!! I somehow managed to be in the front of every single rollercoaster/ride that I went on.  By the end of the night I was a little terrified, but at least I can say I have been to Lagoon.
Big Scary ride

My excited face (this was before any rides...it might have been different after my screaming)
I was able to see lots of people while I was away, but I had a few minutes of down time to myself too.  After going to the temple with Dynae I hung out for a while and took some pictures of the Timpanogos temple.  Michelle and Derrick live in Bountiful now so I stopped and took some pictures of the Bountiful temple too.  The last time I was there was for Jenn and Kasey's wedding but the weather was much better this time of year.

What a wonderful weekend to visit the temples!!

No comments:

Post a Comment