Monday, January 16, 2012

I want a Bosch...oh wait I have never made bread before

One day I decided that I want a Bosch mixer. Why you might ask? Hmm that is a good question and I am not sure that I know the answer but I can tell you that it feels right. Until you look and see how much one costs and then I am not so convinced anymore. Before I can get a mixer I need to have a plan of how to use it, so I decided I am going to make bread. This bread making endeavor is two-fold. One, we have already discussed- I like the idea of a Bosch. Two, what's not to love about a sammich made on home made wheat bread with all the fixin's? So with those two combined I head to the store to get my whole wheat flour. (Thankfully I married a genius who told me it would be cheaper to buy the whole wheat flour for $3 instead of buying a grinder and wheat for $XX before I knew if I would actually like making bread lol.)

I found a "no fail" recipie online, and I was feeling pretty optamist about all the raving reviews. I head to the grocery store and pick up my whole wheat supplies and I call Brent on the way home and tell him about my scheme. His only question to me is, Gaylene, how are you going to make it, we don't have a mixer. My only response to him was, if they could do it back in the day, then why can't I?!?!?!?!? (I have to admit, I kinda forgot that I didn't have any way to knead the bread, but it has now become a part of my exercise plan lol.)

Here we go... I have made bread three times and it has worked out every time!!! I could not be more proud of myself. I am pretty mediocre and all things I do, but I want to be good at something darnit! You know, the lady who can make pies, or the lady that can make bread ect. Well I can't make pies so I had to move on to something else that I could do. Brent is really good when it comes to most things in the Kitchen so I kinda wanted to be successful at one thing...I not asking for a lot, just one thing. Now that I am writing this I am sure I will never be able to make bread again because I will have jinxed myself, but trust me, I know I have a lot to learn still. I am just banking on beginners luck and a "no fail" recipie. (check it out- http://allrecipes.com/recipe/simple-whole-wheat-bread/detail.aspx )

Here is a picture from batch #2 (btw it has melted butter on top to make it extra delicious...it's not waxy)

It's amazing what a little success will do to your spirits. I am really starting to like this bread making business!

No comments:

Post a Comment