Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thanksgiving Adventuring


There are always so many things to be grateful for. This Thanksgiving we are celebrating a little differently. We have decided to take the long weekend and enjoy the great outdoors that our Heavenly Father has blessed us with. I am quite excited and scared all at the same time. I always tell people that we are going camping or backpacking. Brent finally asked me a few days if I could start calling it “adventuring”. Now that I think about it, I prefer to call it “surviving”. That is my main goal. I have never been camping in the snow, so this is a new adventure for me. I told Brent that I would go, but we better get a Christmas tree while we are out there! We have had camping gear strong throughout our small apartment for over a week in preparation. I am feeling pretty blessed that we are so well equipped for such an “adventure”, if not I probably wouldn’t be as excited as I am.

We have received mixed reactions from family when we tell them that we will not be here for Thanksgiving. Some are excited for us, some our scared, some don’t think we should go and there are others who still don’t think that we are really going. It has been quite entertaining. I think it is a fantastic idea! Brent and I both love to be outside and “adventuring”, but unfortunately work does not allow us to go as often as we would like. We went backpacking for our honeymoon in July but the mosquitoes were INSANE!! I had over 100 mosquito bites on one leg and I finally stopped counting. Every time we go out, it is always an adventure, so I am sure going out for Thanksgiving will be no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment